We are the UK’s leading manufacturer of high quality medical absorbents and our company has the only volume cotton wool manufacturing plant in the UK.
Products include Gamgee®, which was originally invented in 1880. Gamgee® is continually improved up to today and is the market leader in gauze and cotton tissue products.
Our Gamgee® is a greatly improved and modern version of the original gauze and cotton tissue invented in 1880 by Dr Joseph Sampson Gamgee, a pioneer in aseptic surgery, in association with Robinson Healthcare who were assigned the patent and manufactured the first product. Today, Gamgee® is still the market leader and widely used, sharing the original’s unique benefits with modern, high quality manufacturing.
- Superior quality, highly absorbent secondary wound dressing
- Ideal for highly exuding wounds, including leg ulcers, cavity wounds, lacerations and surgical wounds
- Unique cushioning for the relief of pressure points in wounds and sores
- Provides additional warmth and protection for improved patient comfort
- Suitable for undercast padding and many general orthopaedic applications where a comfortable padding is desired
- Particularly suitable for care of the elderly as a cushion to help prevent pressure sores
Veterinary Gamgee® has also been held in high regard for many years within equestrian settings. Manufactured to the highest standard in our UK manufacturing facility, Veterinary Gamgee® is a great addition to any equine first aid kit.
Consisting of a thick layer of superior quality, highly absorbent cotton wool enclosed in a choice of either traditional gauze or a non-woven cover, Veterinary Gamgee® is ideal as a highly absorbent secondary wound dressing.
Why Your Kit Should Include Veterinary Gamgee®:
- Insulates and cushions a wound, protecting it from external trauma
- Can be applied over wound dressings prior to bandaging
- Use as padding on top of a hoof poultice to secure the poultice in place and provide an extra layer of support
- Highly absorbent - this makes Veterinary Gamgee® perfect for general swabbing and cleaning wounds
- Ideal to be used as a compression pad if a wound is oozing blood
Want to know more about our Gamgee® products?
Come and talk to us.
We have a team of specialists available if you want to know more about the features and benefits of any of our Gamgee® products.